Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pregnancy

I know by know most of you know that we are expecting a baby boy in June!! We just can't wait for summer, well mostly because this baby has made me really sick. I know most people say that girls make you really sick and for me it was the opposite, with Maddie I was hardly ever sick. Anyhow, I really look forward to having a boy and at the same time I'm kind of nervous. Will I be a good mom to a boy? I have 3 sisters and really have not grown up with boys, so I don't understand how their little minds work, and to tell you the truth I'am a little intimidated. This is me being transparent on my blog! I have ordered Dr.Dobson's "Bringing up Boys" to kind of get a little inside of their world. Maybe I'm making this a little more complicated than it should be, but really all I ever hear is that boys are harder when they are young, but easier when they grow up. What do you think about that? Another thing that worries me is that everyone says "oh you have a good little girl, you know what that means" and NO I don't know what that means, does it mean that Bryson is going to be a terror? I have seen some of my friends who have two really well behaved kids, and I guess I just hope this is what happens to us. I could really use some tips...
This is what is on my mind right now :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You are an amazing mother. Enough said. Boy or girl, you are wonderful, and that's all you need to know! And don't listen to that "advice". Love you, girl!

We 2 Bees said...

You will be great! Having two incredible wonderful boys I will tell you too, don't listen to what others say. Your mothering style will be perfect for a girl and a boy. God gives you everything you need! Boys are different than girls but each brings such wonderful things to your life. Dr. Dobson's book is very good, I've only read part of it - I need to pick it back up. But really you'll handle having a boy with flying colors! Remember you are an amazing mother! Trust me when I say you will LOVE having a son and a daughter!

The Websters said...

Thanks ladies! I love your advice.

MamaHen Em said...

I can only add to what the others said! You are already a wonderful mama to your girlie and you will be a wonderful mama to your little boy. They won't be the same because they are going to be two different people anyway, exactly how God created them to be, exactly for you to mother :)