Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Most Magical Place on Earth!

We just got back from Disney World, and we had a blast, however I now feel like a need another vacation. It was so busy and very hot and humid, awesome combination for this curly haired girl. We were there for five days, and it was so amazing to see my sweet little girl get so excited about Princesses and characters all over the park. Her thing is pin trading, she just traded pins for the thrill of it, and this mama was a little annoyed when she traded the collector pins for ordinary ones. My mother in law finally convinced me that I had to let her do her thing, and just look away when she was trading, that was super hard for me!
This trip was supposed to be a "Grandparent" trip, until I asked if me and Alex, my sister could tag along. They ended up taking Maddie to a character dinner to meet Cinderella and her sisters, while Alex, Bryson, and I hung out at some of the parks. It was so nice. This year Grandmama and Papa surprised Maddie with a trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and she was so excited, and it was the cutest thing to see. The hair styles they have to choose from are a little much, believe it or not the one we picked was one of the best one. 

Bryson was so good  AMAZING this trip, he hung in there and would nap in the stroller, and just look at everything. He was able to ride some rides with us, and loved it! His favorite thing was looking a the giant fish tank in Epcot, we stayed there for a while! He DID NOT enjoy the characters, they freaked him out, it was kinda cute to see. 

Brandon was not able to come with us, because he ended up going TDY at the last minute, kinda annoying but that's the job I guess. We missed him so much! He will be back home in nine days, he will be home for a week, then off he goes to NY for three more weeks, crazy! Tell me about it! I'm ready to have him home for more than a weekend, but I'm so thankful he has a job and is able to provide while I stay at home.

It has been such a blessing to have my sister here this summer, it would be so lonely to be here alone while Brandon is gone. The house is so quiet, because my mother and father in law took Maddie with them to NC to spend some grandparent time with her, and she is loving every minute of it. She says every day is "Maddie Day" she just loves her grandparents, and I'm so blessed that God blessed her with two sets of amazing Grandparents that just pray for her, and love her to pieces. God is so good! 

Here are a few things I learned about Disney

~ No matter how cute you want to look, it's just not gonna happen after 9 hours in the park
~ If you are planning on meeting Flynn Rider from Tangled, it's just not gonna happen, bummer, he is so cute in the movie ;)
~ The evil queen from Snow White is super funny and SO in character, she asked me if "I was traveling with dwarfs" because I was holding Bryson, she also refused to hug anyone for a picture.lol
~ Some people don't wear deodorant, and you have to learn not to give the stink eye
~ The Disney cast members are all so nice, and willing to help you with anything
~ DON'T go in the Summer, way too hot and crowded!
~ Treasure each and every look in your childs face, when they meet a Princess, soon they will be too old. They grow up way too fast.
~ Enjoy it even though you are too tired or hot for it. 

Of course now here are some pics of the trip 















3 comments:

We 2 Bees said...

Oh my favorite place!!! Looks like you had a blast and I love the pictures! It is way to hot in the summer, October or January are my favorite times to go! Although I don't think I've ever made it at either of those times. I am glad Alex is getting to spend time with you this summer!

The Websters said...

Next time we go, for sure it will be during the winter. It is too crowded and hot for me. Alex was a life saver for sure. Miss you.

Mary Thorson said...

That hair was hysterical!!! I bet she loved it! What was it like to wash out??? Such great memories. I don't think Anna will ever forget meeting those princesses. She is still upset we went before Rapunzel was there. Love your tips too!