Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day and Field Day

Things have been a little CRAZY around this house lately, we are counting down the days till Mr. B gets back home. Mean while we have been keeping busy, and can I tell you I can not wait for summer, it's gonna be a busy one for sure.
I was planning on going to church on Sunday morning with the kids like we do every other Sunday, but it was storming pretty bad, and this Colorado is not really used to the lighting and thunder followed by massive amounts of rain. If that wasn't enough the tornado siren went off, it was nothing short of chaos in this house, a little girl who is really scared of tornados, thanks to my little sister, Lizzie who introduced her to the movie "Twister" a big shout out to her, NOT! and to top all of this our little dog, Oscar thought that the louder he barked the better. Do you get the picture yet? Needless to say we missed church.
Around noon the weather cleared up and was actually kinda pretty we decided to get lunch at one of my favorite places to eat, Zaxby's, I know not healthy at all but it's so good! The kids and hubby got me a ring, mason jars (I know what you are thinking how "country") but everything tastes better when you drink out of a mason jar, and I also got new make up. They were so nice! Really, I'm the blessed one to have such amazing children and well of course a husband. Sometimes they drive crazy, but I would not have it any other way.

The next day Maddie had Field day at school, and Bryson and I went to support her, she is after all doing a sack race, and a relay. She loved hearing us scream her name while she was running, I should have made signs, well that might have been a little much. Yes, I'm that mom!! It was wet and it rained the entire time, but it was fun.

Having iced coffee in my mason jar, and YES it does taste better.

Maddie after her sack race, they came in 2nd.

Maddie's sweet friend

Cheering on the sidelines

Just had to put this up, he is getting so big.


No comments: