Thursday, May 31, 2012

Let the Summer Begin!!

I love weekends, spending time with the family, the kids, going shopping, and getting a tan. I use to have Diet Coke in there as well, but as of 3 months ago I gave it up. I thought that maybe I needed one yesterday, so I purchased a Diet Coke before church, and to tell you the truth I hated it! It was not satisfying at all, trust me I can't actually believe I'm saying this. I now enjoy peach green tea ( I make it at home, I know I'm cool), sparkling water with a little flavor, and lots of water with fruit in it. Just in case you were wondering what I drink now that I kicked that Diet Coke habit to the curve. 
This last weekend we went shopping, had a date night, ate a lot of food, pet some birds at a pet store, went to the pool, and enjoyed lots of time with the kiddos and the hubby. I know we did a lot, trust me it's not always like that, we just got into some sort of kick to get out. I know what you are thinking...no we did not go to the beach, we will hit it up this summer a lot. 
It has been so hot here and it seems like its going to stay for a while. We have been in the upper 90's for a while, and let's not mention the humidity, don't get me started! We needed to find a way to get out of the house to burn energy and stay cool at the same time. This last weekend we got season passes to one of the water parks close to our house, it's nice to have this park only 15 minutes away. The kids loved the water, and we for sure be regulars at this park this summer. It was so cute to see Bryson splashing in the pool, he enjoy it so much, and I loved getting a tan. 
Brandon with a bird that eventually walked to his neck, and would not go back, it was pretty funny.

Maddie with a bird, she is way more brave than I'm, NO I did not want a bird on me. Yuck!

See how white my shoulders are? I will be taking care of that situation this summer!

I sure pray these two will be best friends!

Don't you just love Bryson's hat? He such an old man. ;)

Here is that big hat again, but you have to do what you have to do. I have a blonde haired little boy that will burn if he is not wearing that. I did the best I could with the hat, that's the only decent one I found. Boys just don't have cute clothes.


No comments: