Monday, May 21, 2012

We found a lil' gem

Usually on Sundays we hang around the house and relax after church, well this Sunday was an exception. We had been laying around and I decided we needed to get active, I had hear of this place about 7 minutes away from us called Turkey Creek Trail. I decided to try it, Maddie complained the entire time, she wanted to stay and watch "Soul Surfer" for the 40th time! I told her she would not be disappointed but kids are funny and she kept on complaining. This mommy does not do well with complaining...so off we went to the trail.
As soon as we got there, it already was amazing! There are trees everywhere and a wood bridge sorta trail if that makes sense, along the walk you can see turtles in the creek and lots of beavers. The coolest thing is you walk to the top and you bring your own tube and ride it down the creek. It was so cool, Maddie of course felt bad for complaining and she enjoyed every minute of it. "Next time we need our bathing suits" she reminded me. I was nice to get out and get active, when you feel like laying around.



1 comment:

We 2 Bees said...

So neat and a great find! It's nice to get out and do something even when the kids fight and complain. I struggle with that so much and I need to do it more! What a fun Sunday adventure!